Wednesday, December 19, 2007

LibraryThinging

We decided to rearrange every book in our library last weekend (except for GoldiBear's technical books). We moved bookshelves in three rooms, dusted, and reorganized. This is not especially exciting news - but I am making progress cataloging our books at LibraryThing.

459 books entered, and still working.

Some books were routed to the shelf for my inventory at BookMooch, and some into the bag for Goodwill - a couple were so old and ratty they went in the garbage.

The latest C. J. Cherryh books I've read are Cuckoo's Egg, and Serpent's Reach, reprinted in 2005 in a duology - The Deep Beyond. Both novels are vivid and original, provocative and entertaining, the epitomy of Science Fiction.

2 comments:

Jaye Patrick said...

To catalogue my library would take... a long time. But every now and then, I think 'I must go through them; share with others'. Then I wander off and forget about it.

Pandababy said...

Well, if you ever find the time Jaye, I will be interested to know what is on your shelves. I have found several interesting authors that were new to me, just from the running list you keep on your blog.