Saturday, August 9, 2008

Omega Games by S. L. Viehl

I'm reading Omega Games, the latest addition to S. L. Viehl's fabulous StarDoc series. PBW never disappoints. I love not only her StarDoc series, and more recent Darkyn novels, but all of her back list that I've been able to find.

I've been packing for so long that when I look at the stack of boxes I have deja-vu. I'm convinced it won't all fit in the new apartment, even minus the things we're giving away. Do we own things or do they own us? Freedom from the tyranny of taking care of stuff lends glamor to a simpler life. What to do with all that time not dusting, washing, polishing? There's a private gym at our new apartment complex, and a media room with a giant wall screen. Exercise or entertainment? Eenie, meenie, minie - both!

4 comments:

Marina said...

I feel for you! "Stuff" is the bane of my life too. I'm sure it breeds when I'm not looking. Hope you enjoy the new clutter-free life.

Pandababy said...

Thank you for the good wishes Marina! Yes, I agree that "stuff" must multiply in the dark of night!

Silvergull said...

According to feng shui principles, stuff and clutter blocks your energy flow. You should feel a lift as you declutter your life.

Pandababy said...

Hi dear gull, what a hopeful thought - I will keep that for motivation to joyfully declutter!