Published December, 2008 by Trumpeter Books
Just arrived by UPS, my Advance Reader's Edition of To Buy or Not Buy, and not a moment too soon.
Yes, I confess to finding myself in the compulsive shoppers symptoms. Do you see any of your habits in this list from the back cover?
- Do you use shopping as a quick fix for the blues?
- Do you spend more than you can afford?
- Are some of your purchases unused or hidden?
- Do you feel guilty or ashamed about this behavior?
- Would your life be richer if you were shopping less?
- Have your attempts to change been unsuccessful?
Much more than a list of symptoms, this is an "interactive guidebook for transformation, in which concepts, exercises and activities build on each other", written by an expert experienced in successfully identifying and treating the root causes of over-shopping.
As I work through this guidebook, I'll update you on my progress (or lack thereof).
I can tell the month is January, as I'm working my through three guides at once. I didn't bother to make any New Year's Resolutions this year - I just went straight for the solutions. Updates on I Can Make You Thin, and Moving Your Aging Parents, to come by the end of the month.
My oatmeal this morning needed some butter and brown sugar, as I was on the Internet too long and burned the bottom of the pan (or at least, that is my excuse, and I'm sticking to it).