Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pursuing Perfect on audio CDs

The Pursuit of Perfect, an audio book, is more interesting than I expected it to be. Dr. Ben-Shahar alternates recent psychology findings with memorable vignettes from real life. I like the format because it helps me remember the principles of positive psychology, also called optimal living, better than studying abstract principles alone.

This is my first audio book, and it is a pleasure to not strain my eyes with reading. The windows CD player keeps track of my place on each CD, so I can stop in the middle of a CD and pick up at the right place again later.

Goldibear is listening to The Pursuit of Perfect each day also, so we can discuss the ideas in the book. I will review the book when we have finished all six of the Cds, in a week or so.

No comments: