Thursday, June 11, 2009

Don't Miss Your Life: a review

I requested "Don't Miss Your Life" from the Library Thing Early Reviewers group because of the word "Laughter" in the title. The book lives up to its title. I giggled. I tee-heed. I snorted. I laughed out loud. Then I laughed so hard that tears ran down my cheeks. I laughed so frequently while reading "Don't Miss Your Life" that my husband asked to borrow the book when I was done with it.

Charlene Baumbich lives up to her reputation for humor. Better yet, the "Grace" in the title is fully accessible, and especially in the last few chapters. I made notes all over the first three-fourths of my copy, but for the last fourth, I could only read and drink in the assurances that we all have been given the ability to live, love, laugh and share our gifts, however small, with others.

Baumbich relates hilarious stories from her own life that are very freeing, and I found it easy to relate to her. I know that the next time I want to give up and drop out, or the next time I trip and fall down, I will think of Charlene, and I will choose differently. Because how could I take myself too seriously or stay angry when I'm brimming over with grace, laughter and happiness? Oh, I'll still get mad or huffy, but I won't live there for long with the memories from "Don't Miss Your Life".

I didn't just read the book, I inhaled it, I wrote all over it, and I laughed, chuckled and giggled my way through it. I was sorry when I got to the last page. Guess I'll have to look up her back list - I'm addicted to humor now.

1 comment:

Charlene Ann Baumbich said...

Oh, how you have blessed me--especially with YOUR laughter, and by pointing out the grace. Thank you so much, for your thoughtful reading and wonderful rendering. You have precisely nailed the desires of my heart for my readers with this one!

Peace and grins,
Charlene Ann Baumbich