Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Americans First and Patriots All

President Obama, on Nov. 9, speaking of the results of the election:


We’re not Democrats first. We're not Republicans first. We are Americans first. We’re patriots first. We all want what’s best for this country.
 That's what the country needs -- a sense of unity; a sense of inclusion,; a respect for our institutions, our way of life, rule of law; and a respect for each other.
In the interests of working towards respecting each other, I am removing from my blog and Facebook accusations regarding questionable past behavior of our President-elect.

In the words of Hillary Clinton on Nov. 10:
 "Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and a chance to lead,"
We cannot move forward hampered by the baggage of the past. Carrying grievances does not create anything but ill will. 

I am letting go of the past, in the hopes that "there is more that unites us than divides us." This does not mean I may not advocate for action when there is legislation pending that I think would harm the country. It just means I am going to take seriously the words of two people I greatly respect - Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, and follow their example.

1 comment:

GoldiBear said...

Me too! Obama and Clinton are inspirational, and so are you for sharing their thoughts and hopes, and agreeing with them. I'm for peace and unity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!