PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

"James do you think I could

 have the neighbor women here for a sewing bee a few times this winter?"

"You can have as many as you can fit into our cozy home, and I will take the wagon to get them and bring them home again."

"Wonderful! I will make invitations --" "Whoa! Mary you know maybe half of them can't read."

"Just wait until you see - it won't be a problem. Let's see, I'll ask Selena Martin, and Polly Ann Leach, and Mary Bond and Rhoda Thompson and Mary Williams. Those are all the women in our neighborhood." [You can find their farms on the map below.]

     Government map from 1876 - public domain - Click for Larger Image

Above is an 1876 U.S. Government Survey Map, which I've labeled with the Donation Claims of the 1852 wagon train from Wapallo County, Iowa -- approximately where the farms were located.

No comments: