PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Random Joy

What gives you joy? What makes you happy? Here's my list:

Listening to "An Ancient Muse", the latest album by Loreena McKennitt. I hum, dance, write, read and daydream to her music.

Finding a joyful email from a friend in my inbox.

My husband taking the day off - and spending it with me.

Tossing out the expired vitamins and OTC remedies from the pantry.

Reading my favorite SF a second time.

Preparing for a writer challenge at Forward Motion. The fifth weekend of the month!

Choosing roses for my garden from Heirloom Roses new catalog. Joy from our in-laws, who sent a memorial gift to plant for my mother.

Sipping water from a "2000" champagne flute and remembering the landmark New Year's Eve, celebrating it with family.

So, the tax bill was horrendous this year, and I had to go to the hospital last week, and getting old isn't much fun sometimes -- BUT!

Joy is always there: seize the joy.

No comments: