PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Monday, December 30, 2013

A badge for doing what I love

At WikiTree, an orphan is a person profile which no longer has a manager to respond to requests. 'Adopting' an orphan profile is good for everyone - our community tree remains healthy and interactive. The profile does not have to be one from your own ancestry, and frequently it is not. Here is an image of my newest badge:




I wanted to expand on my own ancestral lines, so I went hunting for orphans with surnames from my tree. I found a family group to adopt, and in the process, my family tree suddenly blossomed on one branch, all the way back to the 1200's.

Goldibear kept saying, 'you need to go to bed' and I kept replying, 'just one more file'. I mean, if you were picking up dollar bills someone left lying the road, would you be ready to quit just because the clock said 'bedtime'? Only this is better than dollar bills. These are Medieval ancestors, and at least one is associated with a castle, Castle Rising. According to their home page, Castle Rising is "one of the most famous twelfth century castles in England". Below is a picture of Castle Rising, seen through the gatehouse entrance, from Wikipedia, Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license, picture by Dennis Smith.


No comments: