PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Moonstruck!

I just finished reading books one through four in the Vatta's War series by Elizabeth Moon. More, please! Meanwhile, I'm looking up Moon's backlist as fast as I can.

Today I'm reading her SF novel on autism, "The Speed of Dark". On page 97, she uses dark as a metaphor for ignorance of people who think they know things but don't understand that they don't know. This is a delicious book that started slow and has crept up on me, slipping into that place in my heart where I keep all things precious and rare.

UPDATE on my whole food, organic, vegetarian diet. Last night was a welcome home party for my nephew, and I ate a hot dog and three brownies (my niece makes the world's best brownies). Well, two exceptions since July 2 isn't so bad, but I won't want to do that again! My body objected -- fiercely! I like the food I'm eating and have variety, and have lost nine pounds by now. Why stop a good thing? I'm still sleeping well, no IBS (except like last night when I eat processed food), and my fingernails are still growing. Today my doctor theorized that something in my previous diet was an antoginist for seratonin, preventing the supplements I was taking from working, but now the supplements can be effective because the whole organic foods don't interfere. He said it was just a working theory, but I believe it's a rational possibility.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is fantastic. I've had IBS and it was awful. Like you, I dropped meat, fat and processed foods and voila! No more IBS.

Pandababy said...

Yes, and it doesn't seem like much to give up, considering the alternative! Not easy, though, with all the social opportunities for temptation.

Jaye Patrick said...

I don't know what IBS is, but it sounds nasty.

I've been an Elizabeth Moon fan for years and have a signed copy of Sporting Chance (yay, me!) from the Serrano Legacy. I don't think she knows how to write a bad book.