PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Arguing with Myself!

The puzzle of why and how I so often find myself on two sides of a question is solved. I'm so often at war with myself because it is in my genes.


Doing research on my Civil War ancestors, I was surprised to discover I have family on both sides of the war.  The famous "brother against brother" tragedy was literally true in one of my families, where half fought for the North and the other half fought for the South.


Going back to the Revolutionary War, I have so far found only American Patriots, but I wouldn't be surprised to discover some ancestors who stayed loyal to England.


Although two of the twenty-five barons standing for Magna Carta in 1215 were my direct ancestors, it turns out that one of my ancestors was standing on the other side of the dispute.  King John's 'right-hand man', Sir William Marshall, stood by his side at Runneymede. Marshall is my 23xgr-grandfather.


Now I understand why I often argue "with myself" over a problem. It is an inherited talent.

No comments: