PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Friday, September 2, 2022

A Point of Decision

As we approach The Dalles,we must make a decision. Should we load our wagons and ourselves onto the log rafts, after sending our cattle by land on the Lolo trail? Or should we take the Barlow cut-off, and pay the five dollar per wagon toll? Pa made the decision after holding a conference with the other men. Each family had to do what was best for them -- a few chose the rafts for speed and economy.

I'm so thankful that pa chose the Barlow trail. I'd rather climb ten mountains than ride a raft down a river.

Tomorrow: Laurel Hill, or What happened to my most cherished possession.

No comments: