PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Friday, September 30, 2022

"Im going to yoke up all six oxen this morning, Mary Ann".

 "I've wondered when they would be ready to begin the plowing, James."

"Ready or not, it is time to plant the winter wheat. I had to give them a rest, and let them gain weight and strength back. I'm thankful they made it through the journey alive. So many oxen and horses and mules did not." 

"Can I watch you hook up the oxen, Uncle James?"

"Sure, Mary Ann but you have to stand where I say. They'll need plenty of room, and you don't want to have one of them accidentally step on you."

Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International Author: Cgoodwin

"I'll stay where you tell me. I just want to see you work with them. They listen and watch you and act as if they understand exactly what you want them to do."

"That is because I've trained them from the start of their lives. They're like people, little Mary -- they learn fastest when they are little and growing. It is hard for them to get new ideas in their heads once they're full grown."

[Visit my page on the Oregon Trail for links to understand training oxen, etc.]

No comments: