PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Friday, September 16, 2022

STAMPEDE!

 

We can hardly see the wagons for the dust from the stampede.
Photo by O. Ned Eddins, all rights reserved.


The oxen in front of us are running away with their wagons, but James is holding onto the brakes, and we're all right. We're praying for everyone to be protected and safe. My family is in danger. I'm asking God with all my heart, mind and soul to save them from harm.

Oh! to be so close to the end of the trail, and have another stampede - they're the most dangerous thing I've seen on this journey. We had a big stampede at the start of the trail. The oxen were strong and fresh, and the drivers were not all experienced. Kyniston's wagon overturned in that stampede. He was shaken up and bruised. Here now, the runaways ahead are already slowing down, and no wagons overturned.

I'm glad I didn't know all the things that would happen on this trip before we left - I never would have had the courage to face it. Perhaps that is why we only need the courage to live one day at a time.

No comments: