PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Mary Kyniston, a seven year old heroine - because surviving can be heroic.

Mary Ann Kyniston is playing with her only doll, talking to it as she watches over baby Mary Jane Holloway. Mary Ann Sherrill, her aunt, is over in the garden patch, setting out onions and potatoes, and beets and cabbages. Winter vegetables will barely have time to take hold before the first snow.

Mary Ann is telling her doll how important it is to watch over the baby. "Because if you don't watch out, bad things can happen. You've been through bad times too, so you understand, little dolly. Nobody else understands. Not really. They think because I was so little when mommy was hurt that I don't remember. I do remember how scared I was, and how everyone was screaming. I was screaming too. I remember that.  Grown ups get all worried and upset if I ask them about that time. It is important not to worry your grown ups, dolly. Please remember that.

From today on, I'm introducing a new factor into my blog. You will see that many of the names are links. The links lead directly to that person's profile at WikiTree. These are all real people who are from my own family tree. In their profiles you can discover maps, pictures, census records, and other information about these real Oregon Trail Pioneers. They did the nearly impossible, and went on to farm the land, nurture many children and eventually retire to watch their grandchildren grow and thrive. Their lives were not easy, and sometimes bad things did happen. But they were resilient, and many were people of faith and prayer.

No comments: