PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

JAMES! shrieked Mary Ann.

 His heart racing, James leaped up, grabbed his ax, and ran to the house, sure his wife was attacked by Indians. Mary Ann was smiling and waving a white paper at him. "Look! My first letter from Louisa." "Don't ever scream like that again unless you are in danger, wife. I'm too young to have a heart attack."

"I promise, James. Look - did you ever think I could get a letter out here? Tom Martin rode by on his way back from Oregon City. This letter from Louisa was at the Post Office in General Delivery. Wasn't that nice of him to bring it over here?"

Original Art by Pandababy
I'd like some coffee to drink while you read the letter, Mary Ann. You make good coffee. Glowing with pleasure over the simple compliment, Mary Ann poured a cup of coffee from the pot hanging over the campfire. Wouldn't it be great to have a fireplace soon. "What is the news, wife?" "Louisa is being courted by a nice young man, a relative of the Martin family, and your sister Virginia tells her that next year they will have another baby." Mary Ann looked up from her letter, "No bad news, James." 

"I'm going back to work on the barn, Mary Ann. No more screaming, please!"

No comments: