PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Dear Louisa,

 My Dear Friend,

I promised to write something everyday, even if there was no way to post it. I promised to save it up and send it to you when we came to civilization and I could post it. I thought it would be so easy... with nothing to do all day but ride in the wagon, and hold the baby. Nobody told me about teething babies, Louisa!

Mary Jane turns one year old this week.

Dear little Mary Jane becomes a monster when her teeth are coming in, like a few of them are right now. She gets a feverish look, red-cheeked and sweaty faced. Her sweet smile disappears, and she keeps her fingers in her mouth. She begins to whimper, and then she'll be crying at the top of her lungs. When it hurts her the most, I rub some of James' special liquid from his flask on her gums. She smiles, and hick-ups, and falls asleep.James teases me and won't tell me what is in his flask, but I know it is some kind of whisky.

We take turns comforting her during the day -- but at night! Nobody gets to sleep around a teething baby. Here is a drawing of our darling I did for you - can you see the pucker she gets between her eyes? So that is my reason for missing my daily journal entry for you. Don't dismiss it lightly until you've had a teething baby of your own, dear friend.

No comments: