PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Monday, October 10, 2022

"Before we leave tonight, let's have a meditation."

 "What verse would you choose, father?"

"I'll share what has been running through my mind for weeks:

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:" John 11:25

"I'll think on that tonight, and talk about it with Mary Ann. She is getting old enough to understand, and she has worried about what happened to mother, asking me what happens to people when they die."

"She is probably also thinking about her own mother as well. She has been through a lot for a little seven year old."

"I think you're right father, and I only hope that she will feel secure in our love."

 "She will." Richard took his jacket and cap off the peg and turned to Edward, "We have to leave while it is still daylight." He turned back to Mary Ann, "Thank you for a delicious dinner, daughter."

"It was just the same as we always have -- bacon and beans and corn bread"

Richard laughed and responded, "Yes, but it tastes a lot better than when one of us makes it."

They all laughed, then Edward remarked,

"I'll see you tomorrow to finish the siding on the barn, James."

"Thank you Edward, good night."

After putting cousin Mary Ann Kyniston to bed, James said,

"Let's walk outside for awhile, Mary Ann."

"I'm coming - I'll just get my shawl first."

Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license. (cropped) a Steve Jurvetson photo that is/was here. Image adjusted by User:Fountains of Bryn Mawr for color balance 

"The Milky Way is so bright tonight, James, and the stars look so close. I almost feel dizzy if I look up at them too long, as if I am falling up into the sky."

"Here," James put a strong arm around his wife, "I'll hold you fast so you won't fall upwards."

1 comment:

GoldiBear said...

Love the imaginative and authentic dialog. The photo of the Milky Way brings back so many memories of what the sky looked like when I was a 6 year old child in Santa Rosa, CA in 1945. You could see the milky way as a bright trail in a black sky almost every night!