PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Monday, October 24, 2022

"We have been so busy with establishing our farm, James, and now

 suddenly it is December, and soon it will be Christmas."

"I didn't know if you would feel like celebrating, Mary Ann. You're only just back on your feet."

"All the more reason to have the true celebration -- hospitality for the Christ child, by welcoming our poorer neighbors here for a feast. It is true worship, giving with joy to the poor, in remembrance of the Wise Men and their gifts for our Lord. We'll have songs to celebrate the Peace Jesus brings us, and remember the angels who appeared to the shepherds, saying Peace on Earth."

"How can we do all that, with only our cabin and our few belongings, my sweet wife?"

"I have a plan."

"You always have a plan, Mary Ann, and the surprising thing is - it usually works."

Star of Bethlehem to hang over the fireplace
made by Cousin Mary (7 years old)

"That is because I like to keep it simple. We can make cards that say Merry Christmas for our friends and neighbors. I have some colored paper and tissue paper at the bottom of my trunk, and scissors and some glue. We can string holly and make fir wreaths and decorate them with red ribbon from my sewing basket. I will make decorated candles for gifts, to represent the Light of our World, our Jesus."

"Once everyone arrives, what will we do to make it festive?"

"You will read the Christmas Story out of our new Testament, James."

"I will do that, and Mary Ann, we will all sing songs of Christmas. I want to sing the Carol of the Bells tonight, and practice the harmonies." (Turn your speakers up for this song by Southern Raised Gospel.)

NOTE: Carol of the Bells, uses the original melody from "Shchedryk," written by the Ukrainian composer Mykola Leontovych in 1914, lyrics added in 1919, performed in English in 1922.  This is an anachronism - something that doesn't fit into the time where I have placed it - BUT it is here on purpose, in honor of Ukraine, in the struggle for their freedom and autonomy. from Wikipedia.

1 comment:

GoldiBear said...

I love your star and the link to the Southern Raised "Carol of the Bells". "Jesus is Here"!