PandaBaby is True Fiction.

Welcome to my Pandababy Blog. A panda bear is an unlikely animal - a bear that eats bamboo - a contradiction in every aspect. This blog is true fiction, also a contradiction in its essence. Yet both are real, both exist - the bear and the blog. Both can only be described by contradictory terms, such as true fiction. Please be pleased to enjoy these stories of our ancestors. They are True Fiction. Every person in my blog lived in the time and place indicated. They are my ancestors and relatives, and their friends.

Saturday, October 8, 2022

"James, this is amazing! It is our house

here in this lady's magazine. Just what it will look like with the veranda and second story finished."

From Internet Archive: Godey's Lady's Book 1852-02: Vol 44 Iss. 2, Public Domain - prior to 1922


"I like it, Mary Ann. Do they have any drawings of barns?"

"I haven't seen any - what will you do for plans James? -- Oh! You are teasing me again. Of course you have plans already, don't you?"

"Guilty as charged, my love. It was a perfect opportunity.Yes, I have drawn up plans for the barn. It will have to be much larger than our house, in the beginning. The oxen each need to have a stall, and a stall for each of the two horses. The center aisle needs to be wide enough bring the wagon in for hitching up the oxen -- or the horses on Sunday There has to be a tack room for the yokes and harnesses. It will have a large loft for storing the hay we will raise next year. It will be big."

"I guess we'll be known as the people with the little house and big barn. Well, better that than known for a big house and little barn."

No comments: